15.10.05

Peeping Tom







I think Peeping Tom by Michael Powell is tied with Hitchcock Psycho and Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as some of my favorite movies to watch in the fall.



I don't even want to tell you about it. I was just thinking about my lost copy and how cool of a movie it is.



It was written by Leo Marks. He was a codemaker during WWII, and developed a method of sending coded transmissions on pieces of silk. He also used to craft these great little poems that were actually coded messages for the French Resistance. My favorite one is this...

The life that I have is all that I have
And the life that I have is yours.
The love that I have of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have,
Yet death will be but a pause,
For the peace of my years in the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours.

I always thought that'd be a great song. That poem was delivered by a woman named
Violet Szabo.



I think she looks like Ingrid Bergman. I was getting all nostalgic, and went looking for a copy of Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto. I perused bunch o' odd LPs, in spite of my Vinyl Buying Freeze. I found a page with 30 0r so versions. I just love that song. If a little innocent fingrsnapping isn't your thing, then grab some chunks of the Conet Project cookie, and mash it up in your mouth witha Derek Bailey interview. You could try to find some Guirdjeff, just to be a little cooler than the person across the bus from you. You could download Van Morrison's Contractual Obligation album with Love songs about Ringworm. I actually like some of the tunes. You could make post-ironic staments while spinning a mix of advertising 7 inches. Or... you could just fucking listen to Sukiyaki...



Im not sure what this guy is saying. I thought it was a white power site for a minute, but now I think it's pro-gorilla, but I can't be sure... It's worth it for the pictures.



Holy fucking shit! This guy runs up a fucking mountain!



Pardon my language.

Žádné komentáře: